Energy UK hosts a series of Breakfast Briefings throughout the year on cutting-edge issues of interest to our members and stakeholders. These range from policy-specific topics such as implementation of REMIT or the role interconnection plays in our energy mix to general discussions around the politics of energy or the digitalisation of utilities. Usually a panel session of two hours, the briefings provide an opportunity for guests to hear from an expert panel on a topic area before moving on to a Q&A discussion for sharing ideas and best practice. We work with a range of partner organisations on these events and there are a number of sponsorship options available. These sessions are an excellent opportunity for showcasing thought-leadership and hearing from leading policymakers. Further details on partnering with us for a Breakfast Briefing is available on our sponsorship page.
Powering Equality: diversity and inclusion in the energy industry
Date: Wednesday 26 July 2017
Time: 08:30 - 10:30hrs
Location: Energy UK Offices, Lower Ground Floor, Charles House, 5-11 Regent Street, London, SW1Y 4LR
Diversity is at the heart of the energy industry; diversity of technology, of companies and most importantly of the customers and the staff who make the industry what it is. Advocating for and encouraging that diversity is critical to making sure our industry can make a success of the huge transformation underway. Furthermore, as recent research we have undertaken has proven, investing in diversity provides a multitude of benefits to all businesses, in and out of the energy sector. Please join Energy UK and our panel to discuss the issues, opportunities and work underway to advance equality and diversity across the industry.
We will be joined by:
- Abbie Sampson, Director of External Affairs, Energy UK (Chair)
- Louise Kingham, Chief Executive, Energy Institute and POWERful Women
- Rob Salter-Church, Partner, Ofgem and Co-Chair Ofgem LGBT + Network
- Diane Lightfoot, Chief Executive Officer, Business Disability Forum
- Jonathan Lule, Energy Project Manager, EDF Energy and EDF BAME Network
The road to a smart, flexible energy system - accessing the value of new sources of flexibility
Date: Tuesday 26 September 2017
Time: 08:30 - 10:30hrs
Location: CGI’s offices, Kings Place, 90 York Way, Kings Cross, London N1 9AG
- The response to the Call for Evidence for a Smart, Flexible Energy System and how it has been received by different market perspectives;
- There will be opportunity for discussion from different market perspectives;
- Identifying and overcoming the barriers to accessing and creating value from new sources of flexibility in the electricity system.