Energy UK hosts a series of Breakfast Briefings throughout the year on cutting-edge issues of interest to our members and stakeholders. These range from policy-specific topics such as implementation of REMIT or the role interconnection plays in our energy mix to general discussions around the politics of energy or the digitalisation of utilities.
Usually a panel session of two hours, the briefings provide an opportunity for guests to hear from an expert panel on a topic area before moving on to a Q&A discussion for sharing ideas and best practice.
We work with a range of partner organisations on these events and there are a number of sponsorship options available. These sessions are an excellent opportunity for showcasing thought-leadership and hearing from leading policymakers. Further details on partnering with us for a Breakfast Briefing is available on our sponsorship page.
A variety of events were hosted across 2016 on a variety of issues:
- Pathways to 2030
- Encouraging gas generation
- Low carbon heat
- How to manage the transition towards PBR
- Innovating to win customers
- Re-powering Electricity with International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Billing codes
- Ensuring customer confidence in Smart meters with SQS Group
- Promoting competition in energy – what next after the CMA?
- Prospects for the uptake of electric vehicles in the UK
- Smart meters unlocking the smart grid with Foresight Metering
- Making it happen: how to embrace flexibility within the power market with CGI
- How will big climate data help shape the energy sector? with ECMWF Copernicus