Energy UK hosts a series of Breakfast Briefings throughout the year on cutting-edge issues of interest to our members and stakeholders. These range from policy-specific topics such as implementation of REMIT or the role interconnection plays in our energy mix to general discussions around the politics of energy or the digitalisation of utilities. Usually a panel session of two hours, the briefings provide an opportunity for guests to hear from an expert panel on a topic area before moving on to a Q&A discussion for sharing ideas and best practice. We work with a range of partner organisations on these events and there are a number of sponsorship options available. These sessions are an excellent opportunity for showcasing thought-leadership and hearing from leading policymakers. Further details on partnering with us for a Breakfast Briefing is available on our sponsorship page.
The road to a smart, flexible energy system - accessing the value of new sources of flexibility
Date: Tuesday 26 September 2017
Time: 08:30 - 10:30hrs
Location: CGI’s offices, Kings Place, 90 York Way, Kings Cross, London N1 9AG
- The response to the Call for Evidence for a Smart, Flexible Energy System and how it has been received by different market perspectives;
- There will be opportunity for discussion from different market perspectives;
- Identifying and overcoming the barriers to accessing and creating value from new sources of flexibility in the electricity system.
- Rich Hampshire, Vice President Digital Utilities, CGI UK (Chair)
- Louise van Rensburg, Head of Flexibilty and Whole Systems Coordination, Ofgem
- Fiona Navesey, Director - Wholesale Electricity Market, Centrica
- Stewart Reid, Head of DSO, SSEN
- Kyle Martin, Senior Policy Manager – Generation, Energy UK
The costs for this event is £35+VAT for Energy UK members and £85+VAT for non-members.
Supporting customers with mental health problems in the energy industry
Date: Monday 9 October 2017
Time: 08:30 - 10:30hrs
Location: Energy UK Offices, Lower Ground Floor, Charles House, 5-11 Regent Street, London SW1Y 4LR
A day before World Mental Health day, this event will look at how energy suppliers can do more to identify and support vulnerable consumers, particularly those with mental health problems and mental capacity limitations. The event will accompany the launch of a new report commissioned by Energy UK and written by the Money Advice Trust exploring how suppliers can do more to support customers who are affected by poor mental health.
The event will feature a panel discussion with Joanna Elson, Chief Executive, Money Advice Trust and will be chaired by Natan Doron, Head of Operational Policy, Energy UK. Citizens Advice will also be presenting exciting new research into the experiences of people with mental health dealing with creditors including energy suppliers. We will announce more speakers closer to the event.
The costs for this event is £35 +VAT - all proceeds from the event will be donated to the Rethink Mental Health Charity.
08:30 - Breakfast and networking
09:00 - Introduction
09:45 - Q&A
10:30 - Event concludes