Young Energy Professionals
Energy UK’s Young Energy Professionals Forum is a place for the next generation of energy industry professionals to meet, network and spread knowledge.
What type of events? The Young Energy Professionals Forum runs quarterly events, discussing topics which are in the news and sure to get everyone talking; site visits where you can take a look inside a real life working power station! Or have the chance for an industry leader to offer their top tips through the mentoring programme, a new addition to our Forum.
Who attends? Our events attract a wide range of professionals from across different roles within the energy industry. Our events are open to all Young Energy Professionals (10 years in industry or less), Students or those who just have an interest in the industry.
Our topics? For each event we choose topics which are relevant and likely to create debate. We select industry leading speakers to give talks on these topics before opening up the floor to debate the issues further. To date we’ve discussed Hinckley point C, Fuel Poverty, Customer satisfaction, National Grids Balancing Services and Energy and infrastructure Skills.
Young Energy Professionals Forum - Bridging the energy gap
Thursday 6 October 2016, EY offices, London
Join Energy UK and their hosts for the evening, EY, on Thursday 6 October 2016 for the third YEP Forum of 2016. The YEP Forum is a place for the next generation of energy industry professionals to meet, network and share their knowledge and experience.
Every part of the energy sector is experiencing rapid change and a significant adjustment to business practices. The transformation that our generation is seeing is just one of several that the energy industry has experienced in the last 30 years; such as moving away from the Central Electricity Generating Board and into a privatised energy industry, then to the New Electricity Trading Arrangements in 2001, and more recently, the Electricity Market Reform arrangements.
Energy UK is offering YEPs the opportunity to speak to distinguished energy professionals from the Fuellers who have navigated their careers through the aforementioned periods of change. The YEP Forum will be in a round robin format whereby each Fueller will host one of eight tables and periodically rotate. YEPs will be able to ask experienced energy professionals questions and discuss the future of the energy industry in an informal and engaging setting. With thanks to EY, who is sponsoring this event, including the networking afterwards.
Our confirmed Fueller mentors come from varying and interesting backgrounds and Energy UK will announce the other mentors in due course:
- Professor Averil MacDonald OBE – Emeritus Professor, Physicist and Chair of UK Onshore Operators Group.
- Paul Cuttill OBE – EDF’s Chief Operating Officer (Networks) for 30 years, now working in clean technology developing waste to energy plant, Prince of Wales Ambassador for Corporate Responsibility and Trustee of Spirit of 2012.
- Michael Shirley FCIM FRSA – 16 years’ experience in renewable energy, specifically wind farm technology with WebbPaton who have around 2000 acres of solar panels installed in the UK.
- Bill Fortescue FEI worked for 20 years in international capital projects for the energy and hydrocarbon sector, Bill joined RWE, setting up the UK’s first ESCO (Energy services Company) providing Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Management to Major UK companies. Bill currently works with start-up companies providing mentoring, strategy and fund raising support.
There is no charge to attend this event but places are limited so please RSVP by clicking the link below:
- Thursday 6 October 2016, 6.30PM to 9.30PM (Registration from 6PM)
- EY Offices, 1 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AF.
- Networking will follow after the event