The voice of the energy industry

Energy UK confirms Lawrence Slade as chief executive

Lawrence Slade has been confirmed as chief executive officer of Energy UK, the member association representing the UK’s energy sector. Lawrence has been acting CEO since Angela Knight left at the end of 2014. The appointment was made by the Board of the association and is effective from 13 July 2015.

Announcing the appointment, chairman of Energy UK, Sir David Arculus said:
“I am very pleased that Lawrence Slade has agreed to become the new chief executive of Energy UK. Lawrence has proved his worth during his time as acting CEO and I know he is the right person to lead the organisation during this time of considerable change and challenge for our members. There was an excellent range of candidates but Lawrence’s outstanding knowledge of the sector, his network throughout every aspect of the industry and the high regard in which he is held by staff and members alike will help strengthen Energy UK and lead it forward.”

Lawrence Slade said:
“I am delighted to take over at Energy UK. I am up for the challenge, particularly at a time when the energy industry is under such close public and political scrutiny. Our members are looking to the future and how their businesses can deliver secure, clean and affordable energy to all their millions of domestic and business customers. 

“The growth of the UK economy is dependent on a responsive, vibrant and healthy energy sector and the jobs which rely on it. I see an innovative and progressive sector keen to work closely with government in the best interest of all customers. Energy UK represents members from right across the energy landscape so it is uniquely placed to ensure the voice of the whole industry is heard at the highest level.  

“I would like to thank the staff for supporting me during a particularly fascinating and busy time for the energy sector – what with the current CMA investigation, the Budget and other major announcements. I know Energy UK will rise to fresh challenges as they arise and will continue to work tirelessly for all our members.”

Energy UK Small