The voice of the energy industry

Energy UK appoints Director of Energy Supply

Energy UK has appointed Audrey Gallacher to the post of Director of Energy Supply. 

Audrey joins Energy UK from Citizens Advice and her appointment underpins the importance Energy UK’s members wish to put on improving customer service and delivery. 

Energy UK, chief executive, Lawrence Slade said:

“I am delighted to welcome Audrey Gallacher to Energy UK. She brings with her a wealth of experience in campaigning for consumers and her appointment is testament to the determination of the energy sector to work on improving the service and products they provide their millions of customers. It is very important for any representative organisation to understand the issues and challenge the way things have been done. Audrey is uniquely placed to help the industry move forward and to put them at the heart of the industry.”

Audrey Gallacher said:

“I am pleased to be joining Energy UK as the Director of Energy Supply. The energy industry has often had a justifiably hard time for failing its customers. But I believe there is a real willingness to improve service and to tailor tariffs and products to meet the needs of individual consumers. I believe my experience working for customers will help put the focus on the consumer experience and both provide a constructive challenge to how the industry goes about things and a valuable insight into what is needed to meet the challenges facing the industry.”

Audrey will take up her post on 25 January 2016. She will join the executive team of the organisation and will sit on the Board. Energy UK is the trade association for the energy generations and supply industry. It has over 80 members are represents the majority of the UK energy sector.

Energy UK Small