The voice of the energy industry

Sir David Arculus to step down as Energy UK Chair

Energy UK today confirmed that Sir David Arculus will be standing down as Chairman at the Annual General Meeting in December 2017.

A search process for a new Chair will now commence, led by Tony Cocker as Chairman of the Nominations Committee, with support from external consultants.

Sir David Arculus said: 

“I have today told the Board of Energy UK that I would like to stand down as Chairman.   

“One of my first tasks as Chairman was to find a new CEO, resulting in the appointment of Lawrence Slade as chief executive. I am hugely impressed by all the good work being led him, and the wider Energy UK team, on behalf of this vital industry, and I shall remain a keen supporter of Energy UK's mission.” 

Lawrence Slade, chief executive of Energy UK said:

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Sir David for all his help and support in growing Energy UK to the trade association it is today, with membership as diverse as the industry itself.  We will continue to build on this foundation, positively representing the industry as it transitions to a digital, decarbonised future.”

Ends.

Notes to editors
Energy UK Small