Cookies on this website

We use cookies to make our website work properly. We'd also like your consent to use analytics cookies to collect anonymous data such as the number of visitors to the site and most popular pages.

I'm OK with analytics cookies

Don't use analytics cookies

First, contact your supplier

Sometimes, things can go wrong with the accuracy of bills or customer service. When things do go wrong, the supplier will do its best to put things right as quick as possible.

If you need to make a complaint, please contact your energy supplier first. When contacting them, make sure that you have details of meter readings, and any relevant information from your bill, so that your query can be dealt with more easily.

Suppliers take complaints seriously and will make every effort to resolve a complaint within a few days of receiving it. However, in some cases it can take longer to resolve a complaint and energy suppliers have set a time limit of eight weeks to deal with your complaint.

Citizens Advice consumer service

Citizens Advice Consumer Service provides free, confidential and impartial advice on a range of energy issues. The Citizens Advice Consumer Service can be contacted on 03454 04 05 06 or you can visit their website.

Vulnerable customers (such as those dealing with disconnection or who are unable to deal with an energy complaint due to their personal circumstances), or those who have a complex complaint and need extra assistance, will be referred to the Extra Help Unit. The Extra Help Unit has a team of specialist case workers who will investigate an issue and negotiate a resolution on behalf of a consumer.

Energy Ombudsman

If your energy supplier hasn’t settled your complaint after eight weeks or you have received a deadlock letter, you can contact the Energy Ombudsman which is a free, independent and impartial service for domestic and micro business complaints.

The Energy Ombudsman can be contacted on 0330 440 1624 or you can visit their website.