Power to everyone
Energy UK and its members produce energy from a variety of sources and power over 27 million homes and every businesses in the UK.
We are committed to ensuring a market that works for all consumers including support for the most vulnerable.
We have produced this guide to illustrate the contribution that our members make to the economy and also the support available for those most in need.
Some key facts:
- The energy industry adds 87bn to the economy
- It supports 1 in 49 jobs in the UK
- In 2016 energy companies allocated £320 million to vulnerable and low-income consumers
- The Vulnerability Commitment which improves supplier support to vulnerable households
- The energy sector invest over 17bn per annum
- Improving energy efficiency by rolling out the Smart Meter programme
- Energy Switch Guarantee provides confidence to customers when switching their suppliers with 89% satisfaction rate
- £1.4 million to Citizens Advice to provide sessions on how to keep energy cost down (Energy Best Deal)
To find out more, read the full guide - Power to everyone: Your guide to energy in the UK (PDF 6.5MB)