Brexit: what’s next for energy and climate?
Date: Thursday 28 March 2019
Time: 08:00 arrival & breakfast, 08:30 start (event will finish at 10:00)
Location: Energy UK Offices, 26 Finsbury Square (1st Floor), London EC2A 1DS
Our next breakfast briefing will bring together a panel of experts to dissect the hottest topic of the day - Brexit and ask, what’s next for energy and climate?
On the eve of the current scheduled date for the UK’s departure from the EU, this breakfast briefing will be a timely opportunity to take stock of where we are in the Brexit process and assess its implications for the energy sector. It will also be an opportunity to discuss the future EU/UK relationship on energy and climate, as well as for Westminster and the political landscape.
The panel discussion, followed by a Q&A session, will involve our expert guest speakers:
- Alison Conboy - Deputy Director, EU Exit Climate and Energy, BEIS
- Angela Hepworth - Policy and Regulation Director, EDF Energy
- Matt Hinde - Senior Vice-President and Director, Energy, Fleishman Hillard
- Mo Hussein - Head of Public Affairs and Campaigns, PLMR
- Abbie Sampson - Director of External Affairs, Energy UK (Chair)
The discussion will cover the following aspects:
- Negotiations to date: views from Brussels and Westminster / Whitehall
- Implications of Brexit for the energy sector
- Key aspects of the future EU/UK relationship in the field of energy and climate