Energy UK Training Course
Introduction to the GB energy market
Next Date: Monday 18 November 2019
Time: 10:00 - 16:30hrs
Location: Energy UK Offices, 26 Finsbury Square, 1st Floor, London EC2A 1DS
Energy UK’s introduction to the GB energy market training course provides an overview of how the market operates in GB which is essential for such a complex and fast moving sector. The training course will provide attendees with background on the development of the market, an overview of current electricity and gas markets, key changes to policy/regulatory reforms, political challenges and the big challenges facing the sector in the future.
- This training course is aimed at:
- those starting a career in the energy industry;
- those working in the energy industry who want to further their knowledge of gas and electricity markets; and
- people working for companies that support those in the energy industry
The objectives are for attendees to:
- Understand the basics of electricity and gas markets
- Understand how energy is supplied and what’s happening with network charging
- Knowledge of key components of energy bill
- Recognise the key policies to achieve balance in the trilemma
- Understand the wholesale market
- Knowledge of UK generation portfolio and developments
- Forward look to key challenges facing the industry
- Exploring future developments in the market
£100.00 + VAT per attendee (Energy UK Member's rate)
£200.00 + VAT per attendee (Non-member's rate)
Registration for this event has now closed
There is a limit of 3 people per company / organisation for each session due to the popularity of the course and demand for spaces.
A light breakfast and lunch are provided, with coffee and tea served throughout the day.
Download the training brochure.