Health and Safety Conference
The future of health and safety in energy
Date: Wednesday 4 March 2020
Venue: The Marriot Hotel, Leeds
In its sixth year, Energy UK’s Health and Safety Conference brings together industry experts in the energy sector with regulators and practitioners to discuss emerging issues and key health and safety topics.
The UK’s energy sector has a leading reputation for health and safety, maintaining consistently high standards across every area. We recognise the importance of maintaining this high standard and the Energy UK’s annual Health and Safety Conference offers an opportunity to discuss key developments, skills and training and lessons learned – all of which are needed for continuous, industry-wide improvement.
The event, hosted by Energy UK’s Special Advisor, Dr Barbara Vest OBE, offers the opportunity for leading practitioners in Health and Safety in energy (and its supply chain) to come together to network with fellow industry peers and hear from those driving change and improvement throughout the sector.
- Peter Bryant, President, The Society for Radiological Protection
- Alan Feakins, Health and Safety Director, EDF Hinckley Point C
- Darea Flanagan, Wellbeing Engagement Manager, E.ON
- Dr Peter Kelly, HSE Senior Psychologist, Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
- Mike MacDonald, Negotiations Officer, Prospect
- Michael Murphy, Production Safety Specialist (Generation) ESB
- Vicky Phillips, Employee Health Manager, ScottishPower
- Richard Simcock, Operational Safety SHE Business Support Manager, SSE
- Graeme Smith, Technical Safety Assurance Manager, Uniper
Further speakers to be confirmed.
09:30 - Registration and refreshments
09:00 - Welcome and introduction
10:10 - Panel session
11:15 - Coffee Break
11.30 - Breakout sessions
13:30 - Lunch
14:30 - Keynote addresses
15:30 - Coffee Break
15:45 - Keynote address
16:45 - Closing remarks
17:00 - Networking reception
Early bird rate* - members: £170 +VAT
Standard rate - members: £220 +VAT
Early bird rate* - non-members: £220 +VAT
Standard rate - non-members: £270 +VAT
*Early bird rate valid until Friday 31 January 2020
This event is CPD Certified.