Health and Safety Conference
As part of Energy UK’s extensive yearly events program, we host an annual Health and Safety Conference at various locations across the UK.
These seminars offer the opportunity for leading practitioners in Health and Safety in energy (and its supply chain) to come together to network and discuss prominent challenges facing the industry at that particular time.
At past events, we have welcomed speakers ranging from the regulator (HSE) and Trade Unions to generators and suppliers all who raise awareness of the key changes we are seeing take shape across the regulatory and legislative environment as well as the practical challenges associated with ensuring our workforce remains safe at work.
- Philip White, HSE – Keynote speech
- Mike MacDonald, Prospect – Keynote speech
- Richard Gough, SSEN - Beauly to Dounreay Incident
- Teresa Mullen, Paradigm - Human and Behavioural factors in Health and Safety
- Andy Murdy, Explorator Consulting - Multinational Project Safety
Generation Breakout session
- Graeme Smith, Uniper - Safety Rules
- Andy Whitehead, Siemens - Engaging in Change
- Mark Whitley, EDF Energy - Work Related Road Risk
Retail Breakout session
- Gareth Piggot, ScottishPower - Smart Meter Safety Strategy
- Craig Hutchison, SSE - Unarguable Proof
- Chris Woods, Karrdale – Introduction to Unmeasurable Human Aspects