Powering the nation: How clean energy can drive economic recovery and growth?
Free audio webinar
Date: Tuesday 19 May 2020
- Janine Freeman – Director of Strategy, PwC
- Sam Hollister – Director of Economics and Corporate Services, Energy UK
- Chris Stark – CEO, Committee on Climate Change
- Juliet Davenport – Founder and CEO, Good Energy
- Kaa Holmes – Communications Director, EDF
- Séverine Turgis – Policy Manager, Energy UK (Chair)
As Energy UK continues to work with Government on ensuring the industry can continue to power the nation during the coronavirus crisis, we inevitably turn to look at how we support the economic recovery and the important role the sector will play in restarting the economy.
Join us and an expert panel to discuss the post-coronavirus economic recovery and the opportunities for UK energy industry to support economic growth and jobs by putting net zero at the centre of a clean energy recovery.
From taking greater steps to develop hydrogen and new nuclear; accelerating plans to develop carbon capture, usage and storage clusters in the north of the England and Scotland; or increasingly looking at how to make plans to speed up the decarbonisation of heat.
Energy UK will be publishing a thought piece to coincide with this free webinar that will be addressing many of these issues as well as asking what needs to be done to make a clean energy recovery a reality.