Young Energy Professionals - Virtual Awards 2020
Date: Thursday 1 October 2020
Time: 18.00 - 19.30
Booking is now open. Register to attend the awards ceremony and await joining instructions nearer the date of the event.
Energy UK’s Young Energy Professionals (YEP) Forum will host its annual awards ceremony on Thursday, 1 October. This year’s awards will be held virtually due to the coronavirus pandemic.
YEP Awards 2020 is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding contribution and achievements of young professionals across the energy sector.
This year, delegates will hear from keynote speakers, Emma Ford, Head of Gas Construction at National Grid, Emma Pinchbeck, Chief Executive of Energy UK and Chris Stark, Chief Executive of the Committee on Climate Change, about the importance of young energy professionals in the energy transition.
We will be awarding winners in four categories this year including the introduction of a new one-off category for 2020 to reflect the sector’s role in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. The application deadline was Friday 14 August 2020 and shortlists were announced on Thursday 17 September 2020:
Rising Star - judged by Jo-Jo Hubbard, Co-Founder & CEO of Electron
- James Chaplin - Power & Gas Trader - EDF
- Jamie Croan - Operations Digital Implementation Focal Point – Petrofac
- Davina Forth - Gas Originator - Shell Energy Europe
- Grace Monk - Graduate Digital Business Strategist – National Grid
- Rajan Patel - UK Onshore Project Manager - Siemens Energy
Diversity and Inclusion Focus - judged by Bobbi Pickard, Senior Project Manager at BP and Co-Chair of BP Pride Transgender Group
- Mark Edwards - Operations Program Manager - Ørsted
- Emma Goulding - Performance Engineer - Siemens Energy
- Latisha McKenzie - Group STEM & Social Mobility Lead - National Grid
- Rodney Williams - Lead Project Manager - National Grid
- Matthew Young - Project Manager - Centrica
Recognition of Achievement in Responding to COVID-19 - judged by James Wallin, Digital Editor at Utility Week
- Matt Bramwell - Principal Engineer - Equinor
- Gemma Harvey-Cole - Project Engineer - National Grid
- Andrew Henderson - Power Systems Engineer - National Grid ESO
- Anttonia Lindup - Graduate Energy Officer - Portsmouth City Council
- Lewis Mellor - Project Supervisor - National Grid
YEP of the Year - judged by Emma Pinchbeck, Chief Executive of Energy UK
- Alastair Currie - Systems Design Engineer - UK Power Networks Services
- Biniam Haddish - Electricity Connections Compliance Manager - National Grid ESO
- Helen Thomas - Stakeholder & Supply Chain Manager - RWE Renewables
- Jake Tudge - Management Consultant - Accenture
- Rubina Singh - Lead E-Mobility Technologist - Centrica
YEP Awards 2020 is sponsored by: