Young Energy Professionals Forum
The YEP Forum runs events across the year and across the country from; discussing topical issues on and off the news agenda to site visits where attendees can take a look inside a real life working power station to attendees hearing from industry leaders on panels. To keep up-to-date with the latest news and events, you can sign up to our mailing list here, or follow us across social media on Twitter or through LinkedIn.
We are sponsored by:
Events coming up in 2018:
- 21 February - Site Visit: RWE Aberthaw Coal Power Station, Wales.
- 02 March - Site Visit: Power Networks Demonstration Centre and the National High-Voltage Direct Current centre, Scotland.
We are organising a visit to two bespoke research centres at the frontline of innovation in electricity networks. As part of the University of Strathclyde, the Power Networks Demonstration Centre (PNDC) brings together academia and industry and aims to accelerate the adoption of innovative research and technologies from early stage research into business. Directly across the road is The National HVDC Centre. High-Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) is an efficient method to transmit electricity from renewable generators (i.e. offshore wind) in remote locations to high demand, urban areas. Registration for this event will open shortly.
- 22 March - Event: Distributed Energy and Power, Windsor.
- 27 April - Awards: Young Energy Professionals 2018 Awards Ceremony, London.
The fourth annual Energy UK Young Energy Professionals Forum Awards will be taking place at the Hilton Bankside Hotel, London on the 27 April 2018. It is a great chance for young professionals to meet and talk to fellow peers about what they have achieved so far from working in the energy industry. Applications for the Awards are open now, with eight categories to apply in. Tickets for the evening are available on the Awards tab.
- We run events across the year. Read more about the events we have held from innovation centres to power station visits to discussing topical news such as the energy mix. Read the summaries of our events.