Health and Safety Conference - 4 March 2020
The future of health and safety in energy
In its sixth year, Energy UK’s Health and Safety Conference brought together industry experts in the energy sector with regulators and practitioners to discuss emerging issues and key health and safety topics.
The UK’s energy sector has a leading reputation for health and safety, maintaining consistently high standards across every area. We recognise the importance of maintaining this high standard and the Energy UK’s annual Health and Safety Conference offers an opportunity to discuss key developments, skills and training and lessons learned – all of which are needed for continuous, industry-wide improvement.
The event was hosted by Energy UK’s Special Advisor, Dr Barbara Vest OBE and offered the opportunity for leading practitioners in Health and Safety in energy (and its supply chain) to come together to network with fellow industry peers and hear from those driving change and improvement throughout the sector.
- Alan Feakins, EDF Energy - Hinkley Point C EPR Construction Project
- Sarah Murphy, Mental Health UK - Health, Safety & Wellbeing at Work
- Darea Flanagan, E.ON - Our Wellbeing Journey
- Michael Murphy, ESB - ESB SSoW Safety Rules Process
- Pete Bryant, The Society for Radiological Protection - Perceived Risk vs Actual Risk
- Mike MacDonald, Prospect - Powering Improvement 2020 - 2025
- Dr Peter Kelly, Health & Safety Executive - Spectre of Mental Health
- Andrew Baxendine, EDF Energy - Embedding Behavioural Safety