Energy UK's statement in response to Ofgem mis-selling fine
In response to Ofgem mis-selling fine, Energy UK said:
"The energy industry never condones mis-selling and is working to put the focus firmly on the customer. The energy industry is well aware of problems it has had and continues to make great strides in improving standards. The mistakes are being dealt with, door step selling has stopped, and tariffs are simpler and clearer. The benefits of switching are easy to check with new information on bills so people can readily compare one tariff with another. The industry knows that it must improve customer relationships and continue to work to regain customer confidence. We also believe the referral of the market to the competition authorities, has a positive part to play."
Notes for editors
- Have a look at Energy UK's Q&A factsheet on Retail Market Review.
- For general information on Retail Market Review visit the Energy Made Clear website.
- Have a look at Energy UK's factsheet on switching.
- Find the most up to date switching figures on the Energy UK website.
- Information on switching to guide you through the process can be found on the Energy UK website.