Be an Energy Shopper
Shopping around for the best energy deal can help customers control the cost of their heating and lighting so Energy UK is backing Ofgem’s new 'Be an Energy Shopper’ campaign. The energy industry has been working hard to reform the gas and electricity market - making things simpler, clearer and fairer.
The key to getting a good deal is:
- Knowing how much energy you use - an accurate meter reading is vital
- Understanding your energy use - smart metering can help as well as benchmarking your use against comparable properties (visit compare my energy)
- Shopping around – it is easy to be an energy shopper and go energy shopping tells you how.
Key tips for simple around are on the industry's website Energy Made Clear.
Energy UK’s Angela Knight said:
“Many reforms are underway within energy making things simpler and clear for customers. While many of us like to hunt for a good bargain, we never apply this to searching for a better energy deal. Be an energy shopper is a great way of making it even easier to shop around for a good deal.”
As part of the 'Be an Energy Shopper’ campaign the energy regulator, Ofgem, has set up a website where you can find out all about the recent reforms. The site takes you through everything you need to know to lower your energy bills.
Notes for editors:
- Visit www.goenergyshopping.co.uk to find out more
- To find out more about the Retail Market Review, visit Energy Made Clear
- For help on how to read your electricity or gas meter, watch our video
Press contact: 0207 747 2941
Out of hours: 0207 747 2959