Switching rises as temperatures soar
Energy UK publishes electricity switching report for July 2015
Switching continues to grow with the highest numbers for July in recent years. Customers switching electricity supplier topped 270,000 in July.
The latest electricity switching data shows 273,122 customers chose a new supplier in July 2015, which is the highest figure on Energy UK records for the period.
Smaller suppliers gained 74,405 electricity accounts, which is 27 per cent of all switches. This is in line with the average for the year so far.
Lawrence Slade, chief executive of Energy UK, said:
“We often forget about energy over the summer months. But now is the right time to look at your energy consumption and make sure you are on the best deal for you.
“I urge people to shop around and to take advantage of the deals on offer, especially as there
are now 29 suppliers in the market.”
Notes to editors
- The full switching report for July 2015 can be found on the Energy UK website.
- The switching data is supplied by Electralink who provide a secure service to transfer data between the electricity market participants. The company operates the Data Transfer Network (DTN) which underpins customer switching, meter interoperability and other business processes critical to a competitive electricity market.
- Information about the switching process can be found on the Energy UK website.
- The Cornwall Energy reports on competition in the energy sector can be found on the Energy UK website.
- The Ipsos MORI report on consumer experience is available on the Energy UK website.