Over half a million switch in October
A three year record high for switching has seen 577,810 customers switch supplier last month, according to Energy UK’s recent switching data. That is 53 percent more than in September 2016.
Energy UK’s latest figures – released on Wednesday - show 92,632 customers switched to a small supplier, which is nine percent of all switches in October.
Lawrence Slade, chief executive of Energy UK, said:
“With the Energy Switch Guarantee – launched by the industry in June - customers are clearly feeling more confident to switch. That’s why last month, over half a million people took control of their energy bills. Join them and save hundreds of pounds a year.
“It only takes a few minutes to find the right deal. More than 40 suppliers are offering many deals under £1,000, so take advantage.”
Notes to editors:
- Further information about the Guarantee can be found by visiting www.energyswitchguarantee.com
- Around 70 per cent of the market are signatories of the Guarantee. This includes: British Gas, Bulb Energy, E.ON, EDF Energy, First Utility, Flow Energy, npower, Octopus Energy, Sainsbury’s Energy and So Energy.
- To see the latest monthly switching stats, please visit Energy UK’s website.
- The switching data is supplied by Electralink who provides a secure service to transfer data between the electricity market participants. The company operates the Data Transfer Network (DTN) which underpins customer switching, meter interoperability and other business processes critical to a competitive electricity market.
- The switching data referenced in these reports is since our collection of data, comparing our data back to 2012 only.