The voice of the energy industry

Record breaking year at Young Energy Professionals Awards 2019 ceremony

The winners of the Young Energy Professionals (YEP) Awards 2019 were announced last night at the Leonardo Royal Hotel London St Paul’s. Now in its fifth year, the annual awards ceremony celebrates and recognises the outstanding contribution and achievements of young professionals right across the energy sector.

This year saw a record number of applications, and the highest number of different organisations shortlisted. Additionally, an almost equal gender balance was achieved for the first time across those shortlisted and the award winners.

Hosted by the YEP Forum’s Chair, Paul Lowbridge, the event was attended by over 200 young energy professionals and featured entertaining keynote speeches from Octopus Energy’s CEO, Greg Jackson, and Verv’s COO, Maria McKavanagh. The event was sponsored by National Grid SO, CGI, EDF Energy, Engage Consulting and Ørsted.

Lawrence Slade, chief executive of Energy UK said:

“Congratulations to all the winners and those shortlisted for awards. It is a remarkable achievement to have been recognised from an outstanding number of over 100 entries from more than 25 different companies.

“Young energy professionals are the future of the energy industry so it is fantastic to see such talent, enthusiasm and dedication across the sector.

“I would like to thank the judges, entrants, sponsors and members of the YEP Forum Steering Committee for supporting the ceremony.”

Paul Lowbridge, Chair of Energy UK’s Young Energy Professionals Forum said:

“The innovation, initiative and passion shown by the nominees and winners is a shining testament to the success of our industry.

“I’m delighted that both the shortlist and winners represent such a diverse mix of pioneering young professionals who have all demonstrated such drive to succeed. I very much look forward to seeing the future work of this generation.”

ENDS

Notes to editors:

Energy UK’s YEP Forum is a network of around 1,500 people, with representation spanning over 300 different companies, which promotes new and diverse talent within the energy sector.

Energy UK Small