Retail Health and Safety
The Retail Health and Safety Forum was established in October 2016 to promote and develop health and safety standards across Energy UK’s retail membership, and support relevant initiatives.
This group monitors suppliers’ Health and Safety performance and analyses trends in order to identify opportunities to raise standards, both across the membership and leading the way across industry. The expertise brought by the membership enable good practice to be developed and promulgated.
In 2017 the group focussed on the following areas of work:
- Ways of working and how suppliers address risk assessments;
- Managing installer competency;
- Asset management;
- Fatigue management;
- Violence and aggression towards staff;
- Behavioural Interventions and guiding principles for drivers (as part of the Safety Leaders Group);
- Key Performance Indicator benchmarking exercise for driver safety (as part of the Safety Leaders Group).
* Members of the Energy UK Retail Health and Safety Forum include:
- British Gas
- EDF Energy
- Ovo Energy
- Npower/ Innogy
- Scottish Power