Energy gets even simpler, fairer and clearer
The energy sector is becoming even simpler and clearer as more reforms come into effect next week. Following Ofgem’s Retail Market Review, it is getting easier for customers to understand their bills and find the best deal for them. In addition, supplier will take the initiative and tell customers if there is a cheaper deal on offer. The latest set of reforms is being launched on Monday so keep an eye out for more information.
The new tranche of reforms follow changes at the start of the year which saw:
- A reduction in the number of tariffs on offer
- The introduction of a simple tariff structure
- The publication of the Treating Customers Fairly statement
All these measures are part of the energy industry’s ongoing commitment to continue making its practices fairer for customers.
Notes for editors
- To read more about the ways the energy industry is improving things for customers visit Energy Made Clear.
- The Energy UK factsheet on RMR can be read on the Energy UK website.