Nominations are closing soon for the Young Energy Professional (YEP) Awards, recognising up and coming talent across the energy industry.
Now in its eighth year, the YEP Awards provide an opportunity to celebrate the contribution and achievements of individuals with under ten years’ experience in the energy sector.
Industry experts will judge this year’s six categories, including Rising Star, Consumer Champion and Diversity and Inclusion, with winners announced at a ceremony on November 10th.
New to this year, the Audrey Gallacher Award for Excellence will recognise young professionals that have taken a non-academic route into the energy sector and achieved success in their field. The award honours and commemorates Audrey Gallacher OBE, who made an outstanding contribution to the energy industry and its customers.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 29th September. The awards are free to enter and open for people to self-nominate or nominate a colleague.
Sholan Pillay, Rotating Equipment Engineer at RWE Generation UK and vice chair of the YEP Steering Committee, said:
“Whilst we are currently facing challenging times in the industry, the awards allow an evening of recognition and celebration. Recognition for those individuals and teams who have carried out remarkable work to benefit not only their company, but the industry as a whole. It is also an opportunity to celebrate the hard work of ALL young professionals across our sector.
“So on behalf of the steerco, please keep those nominations coming in, the deadline is fast approaching.
“We hope to see you at the awards so we can recognise the future of the energy industry.”
The award categories for this year are:
- The Rising Star Award – also open to students
- The Team of the Year Award
- The Consumer Champion Award
- The Diversity & Inclusion Focus Award
- The Audrey Gallacher Award for Excellence
- The YEP of the Year Award
More information on how to apply can be found here.
Notes to Editor
- The Young Energy Professionals (YEP) Forum is a network to promote the latest generation of energy industry professionals, providing opportunities to collaborate, develop and recognise successes. It’s free to join and is open to anyone with less than 10 years’ experience in the energy sector.
- With over 350 companies represented on the Forum there are numerous opportunities to network with others right across the energy industry.
- The Audrey Gallacher Award for Excellence is aimed at those who have not had a university education but have been successful in the industry.
- The YEP Forum secretariat is held by Energy UK. Energy UK is the trade association for the GB energy industry with a membership of over 100 suppliers, generators, and stakeholders with a business interest in the production and supply of electricity and gas for domestic and business consumers.